Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed June 10, 2009
Grow Trigg Growing
By Chris Taylor
Cadiz, KY – An anti-prohibition group in Trigg County has 60% of their needed 1,800 signatures to challenge the county's dry status. The Grow Trigg group, recently met to discuss new strategies for getting the word out for their campaign. Group organizer Jan Culwell says they are trying to dispel fears and misinformation about the presence of bars if a vote allowed alcohol sales. She says according to the department of Alcohol Beverage Control, Trigg is not populated enough to have bars. Grow Trigg meets at 6:00pm next Wednesday at the West Cadiz Park.