Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Local Option Debate
Thu February 23, 2012
Groups Go Head to Head on Issue of Packaged Alcohol Sales
A group of Murray citizens is once again mounting a counter attack to a circulating petition to allow the sale of packaged alcohol in the city. “Keep it out of Murray” spokesman and Memorial Baptist Church Pastor Martin Severns says their petition is a response to the Grow Murray Campaign. Severns says the Keep it Out petition would give residents two choices. He says,
“It will leave alcohol sales the way they are currently and that is for liquor by the drink or, if the city votes no on that, then it would do away with those alcohol sales.”
Grow Murray, which doesn't have a public spokesman, has a website explaining its stance to allow packaged alcohol sales as an economic boost for Murray. Severns says Murray’s economy is already growing without the sales.