Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue February 28, 2012
Groups Call on Beshear to Cancel Prayer Breakfast
Americans United for the Separation of Church and State has joined in a call for Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear to cancel a prayer breakfast next week. The group sent a letter to the governor Monday, contending the event is an unconstitutional endorsement of religion. Beshear says the March 6th prayer breakfast is a long-held tradition that he won’t cancel. The Freedom from Religion Foundation had made a similar request last week on the same grounds.