Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
Wed September 25, 2013
Group Releases Attack Ad At McConnell During Chicken Festival
The conservative Madison Project is running a radio ad this week criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell. The group contends McConnell is too slow to take stands on important issues. The spot, airing in conjunction with the World Chicken Festival in London, Kentucky, calls McConnell "the biggest chicken of all."
Drew Ryun is political director of the Madison Project. He says McConnell acts like a bystander on issues until he figures out the most politically advantageous position. The McConnell camp dismissed the attack, saying the Madison Project has apparently decided that they make more money attacking conservatives than by pressuring Democrats.