Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed September 25, 2013
Group Releases Attack Ad At McConnell During Chicken Festival
The conservative Madison Project is running a radio ad this week criticizing Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell. The group contends McConnell is too slow to take stands on important issues. The spot, airing in conjunction with the World Chicken Festival in London, Kentucky, calls McConnell "the biggest chicken of all."
Drew Ryun is political director of the Madison Project. He says McConnell acts like a bystander on issues until he figures out the most politically advantageous position. The McConnell camp dismissed the attack, saying the Madison Project has apparently decided that they make more money attacking conservatives than by pressuring Democrats.