Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Health and Welfare
Wed April 25, 2012
Group Opposes Illinois Medicaid Cuts
Another advocacy group is using potential job losses to oppose Illinois Governor Pat Quinn's plan to cut Medicaid. The Responsible Budget Coalitions says the state would lose almost 38,000 jobs and millions of dollars in economic activity related to health care. The coalition includes advocates for retirees, housing and other services. Quinn wants to cut Medicaid spending by about $2 billion dollars, but Ralph Martire of the Center for Tax and Budget Accountability says it won't save that much because spending less means the state gets less in federal matching funds. Families USA and the Campaign for Better Health Care are also predicting job losses.