Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri August 24, 2012
Group Formed to Oppose Paducah - McCracken Merger
A McCracken county man is leading a group formed to oppose the Paducah – McCracken County government merger. Accountant Allen Kleet says his group, No To Metro Inc., is for efficient government. But pro-merger group Paducah McCracken United cites smaller, more efficient government as an effect of the merger. Kleet says studies and experience show that isn’t likely, despite how the plan looks on paper.
“You know, economies of scale and all that, usually, you would think, add some efficiency. But as the empirical data, looking backward at the Louisville merger, or whatever… It doesn’t happen.”
Kleet says his group has registered with the Board of Election Finance and will be raising money to oppose the merger. The vote is set for November 6th.