Most Active Stories
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Waldrop Announces Retirement From McCracken County Schools
- Carson Myre Series: Clark Elementary Choir Holiday Presentation
Thu July 30, 2009
Group Beating Victim Dies
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – A Hopkinsville man has died after a group beating incident Monday. The Kentucky New Era reports six males beat 41-year-old John Lyle with items including a wooden post and a pair of vice grips. Lyle, who suffered damage to his kidneys, lungs, and brain, was transported to Jennie Stuart Medical Center and then to Vanderbilt Medical Center in Nashville. Doctors had expected him to make a full recovery, but a brain hemorrhage Wednesday morning forced him back on life support. He died later that day. Lyle's death could escalate the charges on the three juveniles arrested in the case. More suspects are still at large.