Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Thu October 4, 2012
Grounded WWII Ship Dislodged
A World War Two-era landing craft is on its way again after being grounded in Lake Barkley for two days. The LST 325 was freed from shallow water near Kuttawa yesterday evening. U.S. Coast Guard spokesman Lt. Dan McQuate says a salvage expert directed a commercial tugboat to try to dislodge the boat, but it remained stuck through the afternoon. The LST ran aground Monday night after it left the navigation channel for unknown reasons. The LST 325 landed troops on the Normandy beaches in 1944, and is now a tourist attraction based in Evansville, Ind.