Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Department of Education Says Midnight Meetings for Dropout Grants Unnecessary
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
Thu January 24, 2013
Grimes To Speak in Washington at Voting Summit
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is the keynote speaker at this year’s Voting Summit in Washington D.C.
Grimes says her speech today will be about military voting at the Overseas Vote Foundation and United States Vote Foundation's seventh annual summit at George Washington University. Grimes has worked since taking office to ensure military members, especially those overseas, can cast ballots in elections at home. She and other secretaries of state traveled to the Middle East last year to review the status of military and overseas voting.