Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri May 3, 2013
Grimes Schedules Meetings on Early Voting Across KY
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes has begun a series of meetings across the commonwealth to gauge public support for early voting.
Current law allows only limited early voting by absentee ballots, which are reserved for people who can’t get to the polls because of out-of-town travel, military service or health concerns.
Grimes has scheduled the meetings to explore whether the state should join more than 30 others with less stringent rules. Grimes said early voting could be a way to increase voter participation.
The meeting for western Kentucky will be held June 3 in McCracken County. The time and location have not yet been set.