Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Mon September 10, 2012
Grimes off to Middle East to check military
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is in the Middle East this week, part of a group of U.S. officials reviewing military voting procedures. Grimes says members of the military who are risking their lives abroad must be ensured the right to vote in elections back home.
Last month, the secretary of state's office reached a court settlement giving troops more time to vote by absentee ballots ahead of the November 6th general election. Grimes will get a firsthand look at how ballots are delivered to troops so they can be returned to the U.S. in time to be counted.