Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon September 10, 2012
Grimes off to Middle East to check military
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is in the Middle East this week, part of a group of U.S. officials reviewing military voting procedures. Grimes says members of the military who are risking their lives abroad must be ensured the right to vote in elections back home.
Last month, the secretary of state's office reached a court settlement giving troops more time to vote by absentee ballots ahead of the November 6th general election. Grimes will get a firsthand look at how ballots are delivered to troops so they can be returned to the U.S. in time to be counted.