Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon September 10, 2012
Grimes off to Middle East to check military
Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is in the Middle East this week, part of a group of U.S. officials reviewing military voting procedures. Grimes says members of the military who are risking their lives abroad must be ensured the right to vote in elections back home.
Last month, the secretary of state's office reached a court settlement giving troops more time to vote by absentee ballots ahead of the November 6th general election. Grimes will get a firsthand look at how ballots are delivered to troops so they can be returned to the U.S. in time to be counted.