Most Active Stories
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Wed December 19, 2012
Gregory Wins Special Election for Senate Seat
Republican Kentucky State Rep. Sara Beth Gregory will replace former State Sen. David Williams after winning a special election for his southern Kentucky seat. Gregory defeated Democrat Bill Conn by more than a 4 - 1 margin. Gregory was elected last year to represent the 52nd House District and won a second term last month.
Williams was appointed to a circuit judgeship this fall. He had served in the Senate since 1987 and had been that body’s president since 2000.