Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Wed December 19, 2012
Gregory Wins Special Election for Senate Seat
Republican Kentucky State Rep. Sara Beth Gregory will replace former State Sen. David Williams after winning a special election for his southern Kentucky seat. Gregory defeated Democrat Bill Conn by more than a 4 - 1 margin. Gregory was elected last year to represent the 52nd House District and won a second term last month.
Williams was appointed to a circuit judgeship this fall. He had served in the Senate since 1987 and had been that body’s president since 2000.