Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed July 13, 2011
Greenway Trail Extension in Paducah
By Gary Pitts
Paducah, KY – Plans are in the works for an extension of the Greenway trail in Paducah. The trail extension would proceed west into the Perkins Creek Nature Preserve and include a parking lot, a wooden trailway, and a bridge. The city is considering accepting a $500,000 grant for the development which requires a $150,000 local cash match. City Mayor Bill Paxton says a long list of environmental requirements would need to be met before the project could begin.