Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Wed July 13, 2011
Greenway Trail Extension in Paducah
By Gary Pitts
Paducah, KY – Plans are in the works for an extension of the Greenway trail in Paducah. The trail extension would proceed west into the Perkins Creek Nature Preserve and include a parking lot, a wooden trailway, and a bridge. The city is considering accepting a $500,000 grant for the development which requires a $150,000 local cash match. City Mayor Bill Paxton says a long list of environmental requirements would need to be met before the project could begin.