Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed July 13, 2011
Greenway Trail Extension in Paducah
By Gary Pitts
Paducah, KY – Plans are in the works for an extension of the Greenway trail in Paducah. The trail extension would proceed west into the Perkins Creek Nature Preserve and include a parking lot, a wooden trailway, and a bridge. The city is considering accepting a $500,000 grant for the development which requires a $150,000 local cash match. City Mayor Bill Paxton says a long list of environmental requirements would need to be met before the project could begin.