Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Fri May 15, 2009
Green trial reaches sentencing phase
By Lisa Autry
Paducah, KY – Jurors in Paducah have been hearing testimony this week in the sentencing phase of the Steven Green trial. The former Ft Campbell soldier was convicted last week of capital murder and may become the first person in US history sentenced to die in civilian court for war crimes. Green and three other soldiers were convicted of the 2006 rape and murder of a teenage Iraqi girl and the murder of her family. Kentucky Public Radio's Lisa Autry recently spoke with South Texas College of Law Professor Robert Holland. Holland, a former military lawyer and trial judge, gives some perspective on the case.