Most Active Stories
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Weather Related Closings for Tuesday, March 4
Fri March 20, 2009
"Green" Plant Groundbreaking
By Angela Hatton
Clarksville, TN – Over two hundred people turned out yesterday for a ceremonial groundbreaking in Clarksville, Tennessee. Hemlock Semiconductor begins construction soon on a 1-point-2 billion dollar plant. The Clarksville Leaf-Chronicle reports the subsidiary of Dow Corning will produce solar panel components. Hemlock officials say the plant will provide nearly five-hundred jobs when the first phase of construction is complete in 2012. Officials say the ripple effects could create as many as three-hundred-thousand jobs.