Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri April 9, 2010
Grayson Reports $2.4 million in Contributions
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Republican Secretary of State and U-S Senate candidate Trey Grayson has released fundraising figures showing that he has banked more than $2.4 million since entering the race. Grayson sent a letter to supporters Thursday saying he had raised $733,912 between January and April. He says the contributions show that his message of "fixing Washington" with commonsense, conservative reforms is resonating with Kentuckians. The campaign reported it still has $1.1 million on hand.
Grayson faces four other candidates in the Republican primary, including Bowling Green physician Rand Paul, the son of former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul of Texas. The winner will likely face a well-funded Democrat in the general election. Lieuteant Governor Daniel Mongiardo and Attorney General Jack Conway are among the five Democrats in the race.