Most Active Stories
- Murray Couple Receives City's First Same-Sex Marriage License
- Paducah Homebrewer Awakes from Coma Only to Worry About His Beer
- It's a Podcycle: Canadian Motorcycle Hall of Famer Phillip Funnell Visits Murray
- 'Pocket Park' for Local Art Coming to Paducah's Downtown
- Beshear: State Agencies Should Prepare for Gay Marriage Ruling
Fri April 9, 2010
Grayson Reports $2.4 million in Contributions
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Republican Secretary of State and U-S Senate candidate Trey Grayson has released fundraising figures showing that he has banked more than $2.4 million since entering the race. Grayson sent a letter to supporters Thursday saying he had raised $733,912 between January and April. He says the contributions show that his message of "fixing Washington" with commonsense, conservative reforms is resonating with Kentuckians. The campaign reported it still has $1.1 million on hand.
Grayson faces four other candidates in the Republican primary, including Bowling Green physician Rand Paul, the son of former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul of Texas. The winner will likely face a well-funded Democrat in the general election. Lieuteant Governor Daniel Mongiardo and Attorney General Jack Conway are among the five Democrats in the race.