Most Active Stories
- MSU's Board Changes Tobacco Policy, Passes Salary Increase and Learns of Org. Structural Change
- Murray Residents Voice Comments on Updates to the Human Rights Ordinance
- Murray Composer on Writing "A Winter's Dawn" - Performance This Saturday
- Geologists Record Widespread Activity On Ste. Genevieve Seismic Zone
- [VIDEO] Big Atomic Plays Sounds Good Live Lunch
Fri April 9, 2010
Grayson Reports $2.4 million in Contributions
Frankfort, KY – Kentucky's Republican Secretary of State and U-S Senate candidate Trey Grayson has released fundraising figures showing that he has banked more than $2.4 million since entering the race. Grayson sent a letter to supporters Thursday saying he had raised $733,912 between January and April. He says the contributions show that his message of "fixing Washington" with commonsense, conservative reforms is resonating with Kentuckians. The campaign reported it still has $1.1 million on hand.
Grayson faces four other candidates in the Republican primary, including Bowling Green physician Rand Paul, the son of former GOP presidential candidate Ron Paul of Texas. The winner will likely face a well-funded Democrat in the general election. Lieuteant Governor Daniel Mongiardo and Attorney General Jack Conway are among the five Democrats in the race.