Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Wed August 19, 2009
Grayson Plans Statewide Tour to Announce Candidacy
Frankfort, KY – Commonwealth Secretary of State Trey Grayson has scheduled a series of campaign stops next week to formally announce that he is seeking the GOP nomination to run for a U.S. Senate seat now held by Jim Bunning. Grayson has been raising money for several weeks for the race against two other Republicans - eye surgeon Rand Paul and businessman Bill Johnson.
Grayson has 12 stops planned throughout the state on August 26th and 27th. In western Kentucky, Grayson will appear in Bowling Green, Hopkinsville, Owensboro, and Paducah. Two prominent Democrats - Lieutenant Governor Daniel Mongiardo and Attorney General Jack Conway - are among the candidates seeking their party's nomination to run for Bunning's seat. Bunning announced in July that he wouldn't seek a third term.