Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Thu May 3, 2012
Graves High School Class Visits Eggners Ferry Bridge
A group of about 20 Graves County High School math and engineering students visited the Eddyville Riverport site where Hall Contracting is constructing a new span for the US 68/KY 80 Eggners Ferry Bridge. Kentucky Transportation Cabinet District 1 Chief Engineer Jim LeFevre explained the process and answered questions concerning the construction process, load calculations, and computer designs. Hall Contracting has a $7 million contract to replace the missing span and get it open to traffic by Memorial Day weekend before a $50,000 per day penalty becomes enforced.