Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
- Bad Luck: Murray Business Loses Office After Collapse, Then Fire Threatens New Office
Fri March 21, 2014
Graves County Schools Create New Make-Up Times
Graves County elementary schools will add time to school days starting April 7, in order to improve the district's options in finalizing the 2013-14 school calendar.
Central Elementary will begin class at 7:30 a.m. and end at 3:08 p.m.
All other elementary schools in the Graves County District will begin class at 7:20 a.m. and will end at 2:58 p.m.
The middle and high schools will operate on their regular class schedules; however buses will be delayed as long as 20 minutes.
Like virtually all other school districts in the Commonwealth, Graves County is waiting to hear what resolution the Kentucky General Assembly creates concerning making up school days in order to create an official make-up schedule for its students.