Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Thu November 19, 2009
Graves County Puppy Mill
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – Animal control officers in Graves County seized 55 dogs from a suspected puppy mill in Hickory yesterday. Amy Hughes of the Mayfield-Graves County Animal shelter describes the animals as filthy and covered in feces after being kept in outdoor wire cages. Denise and Michael Hunter and Wade Peterson have been cited with animal cruelty misdemeanor charges. The Paducah Sun reports most of the dogs were smaller breeds, including chihuahuas, malteses, pugs, poodles, and shih tzus.