Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu November 19, 2009
Graves County Puppy Mill
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – Animal control officers in Graves County seized 55 dogs from a suspected puppy mill in Hickory yesterday. Amy Hughes of the Mayfield-Graves County Animal shelter describes the animals as filthy and covered in feces after being kept in outdoor wire cages. Denise and Michael Hunter and Wade Peterson have been cited with animal cruelty misdemeanor charges. The Paducah Sun reports most of the dogs were smaller breeds, including chihuahuas, malteses, pugs, poodles, and shih tzus.