Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Thu November 19, 2009
Graves County Puppy Mill
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – Animal control officers in Graves County seized 55 dogs from a suspected puppy mill in Hickory yesterday. Amy Hughes of the Mayfield-Graves County Animal shelter describes the animals as filthy and covered in feces after being kept in outdoor wire cages. Denise and Michael Hunter and Wade Peterson have been cited with animal cruelty misdemeanor charges. The Paducah Sun reports most of the dogs were smaller breeds, including chihuahuas, malteses, pugs, poodles, and shih tzus.