Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed May 19, 2010
Graves County Judge Executive Wins Re-Election
By Jacque Day
Mayfield, Ky. – Graves County Judge Executive Tony Smith has won re-election. The longtime incumbent will enter his seventh term, having served the county since 1986. He says, one objective for his office is to come up with new ideas for bringing jobs to Graves County.
"Every other community in the world is trying to do the same thing, so we've got to some way come up with something a little bit different. We want to focus on our existing industries, trying to make sure that they stay here, as well as bring in some new."
Smith won by a landslide, taking more than 70 percent of the vote. The Graves County Clerk reports that just under 40 percent of registered voters turned out to the polls.