Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Wed May 19, 2010
Graves County Judge Executive Wins Re-Election
By Jacque Day
Mayfield, Ky. – Graves County Judge Executive Tony Smith has won re-election. The longtime incumbent will enter his seventh term, having served the county since 1986. He says, one objective for his office is to come up with new ideas for bringing jobs to Graves County.
"Every other community in the world is trying to do the same thing, so we've got to some way come up with something a little bit different. We want to focus on our existing industries, trying to make sure that they stay here, as well as bring in some new."
Smith won by a landslide, taking more than 70 percent of the vote. The Graves County Clerk reports that just under 40 percent of registered voters turned out to the polls.