Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed May 19, 2010
Graves County Judge Executive Wins Re-Election
By Jacque Day
Mayfield, Ky. – Graves County Judge Executive Tony Smith has won re-election. The longtime incumbent will enter his seventh term, having served the county since 1986. He says, one objective for his office is to come up with new ideas for bringing jobs to Graves County.
"Every other community in the world is trying to do the same thing, so we've got to some way come up with something a little bit different. We want to focus on our existing industries, trying to make sure that they stay here, as well as bring in some new."
Smith won by a landslide, taking more than 70 percent of the vote. The Graves County Clerk reports that just under 40 percent of registered voters turned out to the polls.