Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed May 19, 2010
Graves County Judge Executive Wins Re-Election
By Jacque Day
Mayfield, Ky. – Graves County Judge Executive Tony Smith has won re-election. The longtime incumbent will enter his seventh term, having served the county since 1986. He says, one objective for his office is to come up with new ideas for bringing jobs to Graves County.
"Every other community in the world is trying to do the same thing, so we've got to some way come up with something a little bit different. We want to focus on our existing industries, trying to make sure that they stay here, as well as bring in some new."
Smith won by a landslide, taking more than 70 percent of the vote. The Graves County Clerk reports that just under 40 percent of registered voters turned out to the polls.