Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- IL State Workers Worried Over Pension Debate
Fri July 6, 2007
Graves County Consolidation
By Chad Lampe
Murray, KY – The 2006 Fancy Farm Picnic yielded a promise from Kentucky Governor Ernie Fletcher and Sentator Ken Winters that Fancy Farm Elementary school would be replaced with a new facility. Six months later the funding was there. This funding, however, requires the district to build one school to replace two. Three consecutive meetings Tuesday night may have finally given residents of Fancy Farm and Lowes some concrete answers. Chad Lampe was there and filed this report.
Click the "Listen" icon above to hear Lampe's report on the Graves County consolidation.