Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Tue October 6, 2009
Graves County Church Break-ins
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – In the past two weeks, as many as ten churches in and around Graves County have been burglarized and vandalized. In some cases, the thieves made off with as little as five or six dollars, and in others, with more than $4,000 worth musical equipment. Graves County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Dewayne Redmon tells WPSD the thieves seem to favor musical instruments over computers and office equipment, because they are both portable and easily pawned. In several cases, fire extinguishers were discharged, causing major damage. Reward money is being offered for information leading to an arrest.