Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue October 6, 2009
Graves County Church Break-ins
By Chris Taylor
Mayfield, KY – In the past two weeks, as many as ten churches in and around Graves County have been burglarized and vandalized. In some cases, the thieves made off with as little as five or six dollars, and in others, with more than $4,000 worth musical equipment. Graves County Sheriff's Department Chief Deputy Dewayne Redmon tells WPSD the thieves seem to favor musical instruments over computers and office equipment, because they are both portable and easily pawned. In several cases, fire extinguishers were discharged, causing major damage. Reward money is being offered for information leading to an arrest.