Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Tue January 17, 2012
Graves County Amish Buggy Crash
By Drew Adams/West KY Star
Mayfield, KY – A Graves County man has been arrested after his car collided with an Amish buggy over the weekend. 69-year-old Luther Laws clipped and dragged the buggy with his trailer Sunday before knocking it into a ditch. Laws reportedly left the scene, unhooked his trailer and returned to the site of the incident. Officials at the scene confirmed a child was driving the buggy. The other occupants were children as well. Authorities determined the buggy did not display the orange slow moving vehicle emblem. The West Kentucky Star reports Laws was charged with leaving the scene of an accident and driving under the influence. The driver of the buggy was charged with failure to display the slow moving emblem.