Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Roads & Highways
Thu December 6, 2012
Graves Co. Teen Dies in Car Crash
Mayfield teenager Kimberly Fortner died this morning after her car was hit by a log truck. The Graves County Sheriff’s office says the 17-year-old turned in front of the semi driven by 45-year-old Kendall Thompson of Tennessee.
Fortner was pronounced dead at Jackson Purchase Medical Center. Her 14-year-old passenger Julia Fortner is at the hospital for treatment. Thompson was not injured. Police closed the roadway for around four hours to investigate the crash.