Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon February 16, 2009
Graves Co School Policy Manual
By Angela Hatton
Mayfield, KY – The Kentucky attorney general's office says Graves County school district violated state law by not providing a hard copy of a policies and procedures manual to parents who requested it. Assistant Attorney General Amye Bensenhaver says the Graves County school district improperly referred parents Tommy and Sharon Morefield to a Web site instead of providing a copy of the manual. She says some people may not have computers or the skills to download the requested records electronically. School district attorney David Hargrove says the district doesn't keep a current hard copy of the policy manual because the records are updated so often. Hargrove says the law which requires hard copies may be outdated in today's electronic world.