Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Wed August 12, 2009
Grants Fund Community Projects
By Angela Hatton
Hopkinsville, KY – Three federal funding programs are bolstering Kentucky community revitalization projects. Governor Steve Beshear has announced nearly 52-million dollars for dozens of projects across the state. Significant allotments in our region include one-point-five million dollars to improve traffic congestion in Hopkinsville, and five-hundred-thousand to complete Paducah's Greenway Trail project. Funding comes from the Transportation Enhancement, Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality, and Safe Routes to Schools programs.