Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Fri January 4, 2013
Grants Awarded for Colon Cancer Screenings
Ten Kentucky health departments are receiving grants that will allow them to do more colon cancer screenings for low-income, uninsured Kentuckians. Calloway County and Christian County health departments will both receive part of the one million dollars in grants from the General Assembly and the Kentucky Cancer Foundation.
Gov. Steve Beshear says Kentucky’s rate of the disease is higher than the national average. Each year in Kentucky, about 2,600 people are diagnosed with colon cancer 900 die from the disease.