Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri January 4, 2013
Grants Awarded for Colon Cancer Screenings
Ten Kentucky health departments are receiving grants that will allow them to do more colon cancer screenings for low-income, uninsured Kentuckians. Calloway County and Christian County health departments will both receive part of the one million dollars in grants from the General Assembly and the Kentucky Cancer Foundation.
Gov. Steve Beshear says Kentucky’s rate of the disease is higher than the national average. Each year in Kentucky, about 2,600 people are diagnosed with colon cancer 900 die from the disease.