Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed August 14, 2013
'Grannies for Grimes' Initiative Seeks Senior Vote
Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes is reaching out to senior voters with an initiative she's dubbed "Grannies for Grimes."
Grimes' 83-year-old grandmother, Elsie Case, will lead the effort. Case has appeared in campaign ads on behalf of her granddaughter and has been a regular at campaign appearances.
As head of Grannies for Grimes, Case will use Twitter and Facebook to provide updates from the campaign trail and encourage other seniors to get behind her granddaughter.
Grimes is the front-runner for the Democratic nomination and has promised to protect and strengthen Social Security and Medicaid.
Grimes hopes to replace Senate Republican Leader Mitch McConnell in next year's election.