Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Thu January 10, 2013
Grand Rivers Hosts Water Restriction Meeting
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers hosts a public meeting tonight in Grand Rivers to discuss and answer questions about water restrictions around dams on the Cumberland River and its tributaries. The Corps announced in December that it would restrict all water access above or below 10 dams including one on Lake Barkley because the areas are dangerous.
Several Kentucky officials, including the Lyon and Livingston county judge-executives are opposed to the restrictions and say the areas are prime fishing spots. The meeting begins at 6 p.m. at the Badgett Playhouse Theater.