Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Thu January 10, 2013
Grand Rivers Hosts Water Restriction Meeting
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers hosts a public meeting tonight in Grand Rivers to discuss and answer questions about water restrictions around dams on the Cumberland River and its tributaries. The Corps announced in December that it would restrict all water access above or below 10 dams including one on Lake Barkley because the areas are dangerous.
Several Kentucky officials, including the Lyon and Livingston county judge-executives are opposed to the restrictions and say the areas are prime fishing spots. The meeting begins at 6 p.m. at the Badgett Playhouse Theater.