Most Active Stories
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- McCracken County School District Tests for Talent
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Abramson Pushes for Tax Reform & Clarifies Future Which Doesn't Include Murray State Presidency
- Murray State Presidential Search Committee Selects 11 Finalists
Fri September 4, 2009
Grand Jury Indicts Denney
By Chris Taylor
Clarksville, TN – A Clarksville man has been indicted by a grand jury in the death of a 22-year-old he allegedly let drive his car while under the influence of alcohol. 23-year-old Earl Jonathan Denney has been charged with criminally negligent homicide and what would be his third DUI. Denny allegedly let an inebriated Daniel Joseph Nutz (the second) drive his truck last October. The Clarksville Leaf Chronicle reports Nutz lost control on Martin Luther King Jr. Parkway, where he was killed by the wreck. The felony homicide charge can come with a sentence of up to six years.