Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
2012 Tennessee General Assembly
Thu May 3, 2012
Governor Haslam Won't Sign Foreign Employment Limit Bill
Tennessee Governor Bill Haslam says he will allow a bill seeking to limit the number of foreign workers at charter schools to become law without his signature. Haslam says he questions the constitutionality of the measure and doesn't want to harm the state's efforts to improve education standards. But he notes the bill is "permissive and not mandatory," so he will let it become law while he asks for a formal legal opinion from the attorney general.