Most Active Stories
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- MSU Board of Regents Vote Again Against New Contract for Dunn
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- KY College Planning Conference For Minorities Set
- MSU Board of Regents Meeting; Possible Revote on Dunn's Contract & Closed Session Planned
Tue April 17, 2012
Governor Expresses Concerns over Charter Schools Bill
Tenn Gov. Bill Haslam is expressing reservations about a bill seeking to cap the number of foreigners working at Tennessee charter schools.
The Republican governor says he is concerned about the measure headed for his consideration after passing both chambers.
Haslam says the state is trying to promote more science, technology, engineering and math classes in the state, and he doesn't want to close off a potential pipeline of teachers with expertise in those subjects.
Haslam says he has not seen the final version of the bill so he doesn’t know if he’ll sign it into law.