Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Wed June 27, 2012
Governor Beshear Signs Drought Relief Order
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will waive special registration and permit requirements for vehicles carrying drought relief supplies such as water and livestock forage to stricken areas.
Governor Beshear signed an executive order directing the KYTC to expedite the transport of emergency supplies to ninety counties suffering moderate to severe drought conditions. 24 Western counties are under the severe level 2 drought classification, while Sixty-six other counties are under the less severe Level 1 classification.