Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Wed June 27, 2012
Governor Beshear Signs Drought Relief Order
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will waive special registration and permit requirements for vehicles carrying drought relief supplies such as water and livestock forage to stricken areas.
Governor Beshear signed an executive order directing the KYTC to expedite the transport of emergency supplies to ninety counties suffering moderate to severe drought conditions. 24 Western counties are under the severe level 2 drought classification, while Sixty-six other counties are under the less severe Level 1 classification.