Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Wed June 27, 2012
Governor Beshear Signs Drought Relief Order
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will waive special registration and permit requirements for vehicles carrying drought relief supplies such as water and livestock forage to stricken areas.
Governor Beshear signed an executive order directing the KYTC to expedite the transport of emergency supplies to ninety counties suffering moderate to severe drought conditions. 24 Western counties are under the severe level 2 drought classification, while Sixty-six other counties are under the less severe Level 1 classification.