Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed June 27, 2012
Governor Beshear Signs Drought Relief Order
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will waive special registration and permit requirements for vehicles carrying drought relief supplies such as water and livestock forage to stricken areas.
Governor Beshear signed an executive order directing the KYTC to expedite the transport of emergency supplies to ninety counties suffering moderate to severe drought conditions. 24 Western counties are under the severe level 2 drought classification, while Sixty-six other counties are under the less severe Level 1 classification.