Most Active Stories
- Owensboro Airport Expanding
- Kentucky Lawmakers Attack Climate Change Science In Discussion on Carbon Regulations
- Paducah’s Mail Processing Facility Set to Close, Could Lead to Longer Delivery Times
- Lawmakers Skewer EPA, Obama Over Coal Regulations
- Conway: Americans for Prosperity Plan to 'Buy' Ky. House
Wed June 27, 2012
Governor Beshear Signs Drought Relief Order
The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet will waive special registration and permit requirements for vehicles carrying drought relief supplies such as water and livestock forage to stricken areas.
Governor Beshear signed an executive order directing the KYTC to expedite the transport of emergency supplies to ninety counties suffering moderate to severe drought conditions. 24 Western counties are under the severe level 2 drought classification, while Sixty-six other counties are under the less severe Level 1 classification.