Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Thu January 19, 2012
Governor Beshear Releases Proposed Highway Plan
By Gary Pitts
Frankfort, KY – Governor Steve Beshear clarified plans for highway projects in western Kentucky today in the presentation of his 2012-2018 Recommended Highway Plan. The plan, on its way to the General Assembly, includes $330 million dollars for the construction of new US 68 bridges over Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake. It also provides nearly $76 million dollars toward widening US 68 in Trigg County and four-laning the existing Cadiz bypass. The plan also allocates over $145 million dollars for improvements on the newly designated I-69 corridor. You can find a link to the full plan here.