Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Thu January 19, 2012
Governor Beshear Releases Proposed Highway Plan
By Gary Pitts
Frankfort, KY – Governor Steve Beshear clarified plans for highway projects in western Kentucky today in the presentation of his 2012-2018 Recommended Highway Plan. The plan, on its way to the General Assembly, includes $330 million dollars for the construction of new US 68 bridges over Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake. It also provides nearly $76 million dollars toward widening US 68 in Trigg County and four-laning the existing Cadiz bypass. The plan also allocates over $145 million dollars for improvements on the newly designated I-69 corridor. You can find a link to the full plan here.