Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Thu January 19, 2012
Governor Beshear Releases Proposed Highway Plan
By Gary Pitts
Frankfort, KY – Governor Steve Beshear clarified plans for highway projects in western Kentucky today in the presentation of his 2012-2018 Recommended Highway Plan. The plan, on its way to the General Assembly, includes $330 million dollars for the construction of new US 68 bridges over Lake Barkley and Kentucky Lake. It also provides nearly $76 million dollars toward widening US 68 in Trigg County and four-laning the existing Cadiz bypass. The plan also allocates over $145 million dollars for improvements on the newly designated I-69 corridor. You can find a link to the full plan here.