Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Tue July 24, 2012
Governor Beshear Extends Early Childhood Education Funds
The Calloway and Trigg County early childhood councils will receive nearly $26,000 in funds from the Office of the Governor. The money will go to head start programs, childcare and public health departments.
The funds are part of a package totaling nearly $600,000 that will be released to 21 different councils around the state. The office of the Governor says it may release additional funds to other ECC's in the coming year.