Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Tue July 24, 2012
Governor Beshear Extends Early Childhood Education Funds
The Calloway and Trigg County early childhood councils will receive nearly $26,000 in funds from the Office of the Governor. The money will go to head start programs, childcare and public health departments.
The funds are part of a package totaling nearly $600,000 that will be released to 21 different councils around the state. The office of the Governor says it may release additional funds to other ECC's in the coming year.