Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Outgoing CCHS Football Coach Overspent Around $30,000
- House Speaker Stumbo Files Bill to Prohibit Brewery-Owned Distributorships
- Paducah Riverfront Hotel Undergoes Design Changes, Delays Possible
- Local Distillery to Produce George Jones-Brand Moonshine
- Kentucky Fish and Wildlife Officials Say No Regulation for Asian Carp Harvests
Tue July 24, 2012
Governor Beshear Extends Early Childhood Education Funds
The Calloway and Trigg County early childhood councils will receive nearly $26,000 in funds from the Office of the Governor. The money will go to head start programs, childcare and public health departments.
The funds are part of a package totaling nearly $600,000 that will be released to 21 different councils around the state. The office of the Governor says it may release additional funds to other ECC's in the coming year.