Most Active Stories
- Archaeological Dig Yields Artifacts Near New Lake Barkley Bridge
- Henderson Co Schools Cutting 80 Positions Next Year
- McConnell and Paul Introduce Tax Bill for Bourbon Producers
- CHART: Kentucky Tourism Spending on the Rise
- Most of Kentucky's GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Vow to Pull the Plug on Kynect
Tue July 24, 2012
Governor Beshear Extends Early Childhood Education Funds
The Calloway and Trigg County early childhood councils will receive nearly $26,000 in funds from the Office of the Governor. The money will go to head start programs, childcare and public health departments.
The funds are part of a package totaling nearly $600,000 that will be released to 21 different councils around the state. The office of the Governor says it may release additional funds to other ECC's in the coming year.