Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- TVA Eyes Closing Power Units at Shawnee Fossil Plant, Other Coal Facilities
Tue July 24, 2012
Governor Beshear Extends Early Childhood Education Funds
The Calloway and Trigg County early childhood councils will receive nearly $26,000 in funds from the Office of the Governor. The money will go to head start programs, childcare and public health departments.
The funds are part of a package totaling nearly $600,000 that will be released to 21 different councils around the state. The office of the Governor says it may release additional funds to other ECC's in the coming year.