Most Active Stories
- Sixth-Grader's Science Fair Finding Shocks Ecologists
- Commentary: Preventing Gun Violence with "Magical Thinking"
- MSU Professor Gives Context to Central American Refugee Crisis
- Davies Begins Work as Murray State's 13th President
- Kentucky Residents May Soon Need More Than a Driver's License to Get Into Some Federal Buildings
Wed April 25, 2012
Governor Beshear Announces Jobs in Cadiz
Cadiz 's Transcraft is investing $3M to add 80 new jobs, build a new 12,000 sq ft painting facility and purchase new equipment. Governor Beshear stopped in Cadiz for the announcement yesterday. He says to encourage the investment, the Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority initially approved Transcraft Corp. for tax incentives up to $2 million dollars through the Kentucky Business Investment program. The performance-based incentive allows a company to keep a portion of its investment over the term of the agreement through corporate income tax credits and wage assessments by meeting job and investment targets. Transcraft currently employs around 300 people in Cadiz.