Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Mon September 16, 2013
Gov. Haslam Visits West TN In Tour
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has a series of public events scheduled for West Tennessee. The governor starts out the week with a grant announcement at the Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology in Memphis this afternoon. Haslam travels to Washington tomorrow for an education and workforce summit hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Later that day he will be in Dyersburg and Trenton for grant announcements. On Wednesday the governor is scheduled to speak at a Books from Birth event at a Nashville child care center, followed by a visit to the Unilever plant in Covington on Thursday.