Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Mon September 16, 2013
Gov. Haslam Visits West TN In Tour
Tennessee Gov. Bill Haslam has a series of public events scheduled for West Tennessee. The governor starts out the week with a grant announcement at the Tennessee Colleges of Applied Technology in Memphis this afternoon. Haslam travels to Washington tomorrow for an education and workforce summit hosted by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation.
Later that day he will be in Dyersburg and Trenton for grant announcements. On Wednesday the governor is scheduled to speak at a Books from Birth event at a Nashville child care center, followed by a visit to the Unilever plant in Covington on Thursday.