Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Fri December 14, 2012
Gov. Beshear Orders State Office Flags to Half Staff
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has ordered flags at all state office buildings to half staff until next Friday in honor of the victims in this morning’s school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
"We are horrified by this devastating shooting in Connecticut,” said Beshear.
“The loss is unfathomable. As parents and grandparents, Jane and I cannot imagine the pain these families face. To the community of Newtown and the families of Sandy Hook Elementary, Kentuckians share in your grief, and we hold you in our hearts and prayers."
The governor encourages individuals, businesses, organizations and government agencies to join in this tribute.