Most Active Stories
- Poll Shows Major Support for Medical Marijuana in Kentucky
- MSU's Dunn Selected to be Youngstown State's Next President
- Boating Accident on Kentucky Lake Kills Fisherman
- Recurring Trials for an Iranian Family – A Microcosm of the Persecution of the Baha’is in Iran
- Datebook: May 10 - Anna Jarvis Leads First Mother's Day 105 Years Ago
Fri December 14, 2012
Gov. Beshear Orders State Office Flags to Half Staff
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has ordered flags at all state office buildings to half staff until next Friday in honor of the victims in this morning’s school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
"We are horrified by this devastating shooting in Connecticut,” said Beshear.
“The loss is unfathomable. As parents and grandparents, Jane and I cannot imagine the pain these families face. To the community of Newtown and the families of Sandy Hook Elementary, Kentuckians share in your grief, and we hold you in our hearts and prayers."
The governor encourages individuals, businesses, organizations and government agencies to join in this tribute.