Most Active Stories
- Mid-Continent Chairman Confirms Layoffs, School Will Operate Through June 30
- MSU Transfer Credit Could Be Available for Mid-Continent Students; AG Conway Pledges Support
- Murray High School Assistant Charged with Rape
- Mid-Continent University Appoints Tom Walden as New Acting President
- Ky. Road Plan Includes $368M for Jackson Purchase
Fri December 14, 2012
Gov. Beshear Orders State Office Flags to Half Staff
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has ordered flags at all state office buildings to half staff until next Friday in honor of the victims in this morning’s school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
"We are horrified by this devastating shooting in Connecticut,” said Beshear.
“The loss is unfathomable. As parents and grandparents, Jane and I cannot imagine the pain these families face. To the community of Newtown and the families of Sandy Hook Elementary, Kentuckians share in your grief, and we hold you in our hearts and prayers."
The governor encourages individuals, businesses, organizations and government agencies to join in this tribute.