Most Active Stories
- Forest Service at LBL Cancels Controversial Pisgah Bay Project As Proposed
- Murray Police Respond to WATCH Center; 1 Man Dead from Believed Self-Inflicted Gun Shot
- Kentucky Legislators Grill Cabinet Officials for Not Disclosing Fraud-Comitting WIC Vendors
- Rand Paul Is Skipping Fancy Farm and Why That Matters
- UK Officials Propose $16 Million Dollar Expansion at Princeton Research Center
Fri December 14, 2012
Gov. Beshear Orders State Office Flags to Half Staff
Kentucky Governor Steve Beshear has ordered flags at all state office buildings to half staff until next Friday in honor of the victims in this morning’s school shooting in Newtown, Connecticut.
"We are horrified by this devastating shooting in Connecticut,” said Beshear.
“The loss is unfathomable. As parents and grandparents, Jane and I cannot imagine the pain these families face. To the community of Newtown and the families of Sandy Hook Elementary, Kentuckians share in your grief, and we hold you in our hearts and prayers."
The governor encourages individuals, businesses, organizations and government agencies to join in this tribute.