Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Fri April 6, 2012
Gov. Beshear Joins Supporters of Drug Bill
Gov. Steve Beshear has joined a bipartisan group of state leaders to push for passage of a bill to curb prescription drug abuse. Lawmakers return to Frankfort next Thursday for the final day of the legislative session. Beshear said that gives lawmakers ample time to pass the bill. The legislation would put the attorney general's office in charge of the state's prescription monitoring system, known as KASPER, that can identify doctors who over prescribe painkillers.