Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Ky Anethsetists Exempted from Federal Requirement
Fri April 27, 2012
Gov. Beshear Exempts Nurse Anesthetists
Governor Steve Beshear is exempting nurse anesthetists from a federal requirement that they be supervised by a physician when administering anesthetics to patients. The move would allow hospitals and surgery centers in Kentucky to use non-physicians for the task. The Kentucky Hospital Association supports the change. The Kentucky Society of Anesthesiologists called on Beshear to reverse his decision because the group says it threatens the safety of patients.