Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Ky Anethsetists Exempted from Federal Requirement
Fri April 27, 2012
Gov. Beshear Exempts Nurse Anesthetists
Governor Steve Beshear is exempting nurse anesthetists from a federal requirement that they be supervised by a physician when administering anesthetics to patients. The move would allow hospitals and surgery centers in Kentucky to use non-physicians for the task. The Kentucky Hospital Association supports the change. The Kentucky Society of Anesthesiologists called on Beshear to reverse his decision because the group says it threatens the safety of patients.