Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Clarksville, TN Reports .4 of Ice and Numerous Power Outages
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Paducah Natives Premiere Tonight with acoUstiKats on NBC's "The Sing-Off"
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
Ky Anethsetists Exempted from Federal Requirement
Fri April 27, 2012
Gov. Beshear Exempts Nurse Anesthetists
Governor Steve Beshear is exempting nurse anesthetists from a federal requirement that they be supervised by a physician when administering anesthetics to patients. The move would allow hospitals and surgery centers in Kentucky to use non-physicians for the task. The Kentucky Hospital Association supports the change. The Kentucky Society of Anesthesiologists called on Beshear to reverse his decision because the group says it threatens the safety of patients.