Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Mon July 11, 2011
Goodyear Shutting Down
By Associated Press
Union City, TN – A United Steelworkers union spokesperson says that, as of last night, workers will not continue to make tires at Union City, Tennessee's Goodyear Tire and Rubber Plant. USW spokesman Dale Carroll says this stems from Goodyear filing a 60-day notice that the plant will close. Carrol says union members will be arriving at the plant, but only to pick-up tools and personal items. WPSD-TV reports earlier indications from the plant were that a shut-down would occur later this year rather than now.