Most Active Stories
- Kentucky Secretary of State Alison Lundergan Grimes is Running For Re-Election
- Kentucky School Districts Brace for $8M in State Cuts
- Prairie State CEO to PPS: "We Are Focused on Eliminating Everything that has Brought us Offline"
- State Rep Kenny Imes Announces Bid for Kentucky Treasurer
- Army Study Analyzes Cutting 16,000 Personnel from Fort Campbell
Mon July 11, 2011
Goodyear Shutting Down
By Associated Press
Union City, TN – A United Steelworkers union spokesperson says that, as of last night, workers will not continue to make tires at Union City, Tennessee's Goodyear Tire and Rubber Plant. USW spokesman Dale Carroll says this stems from Goodyear filing a 60-day notice that the plant will close. Carrol says union members will be arriving at the plant, but only to pick-up tools and personal items. WPSD-TV reports earlier indications from the plant were that a shut-down would occur later this year rather than now.