Most Active Stories
- First Student To Graduate In May From College To Career Experience Program
- Kentucky Film Tax Incentive Program Draws Production Company to Murray
- Against Residents’ Wishes 250-Year-Old Burr Oak Tree Cut Down On Lake Barkley Bridge Easement
- GOP Gubernatorial Candidates Attack Jack Conway For Not Defending Gay Marriage Ban
- Congressman Whitfield Calls House Ethics Allegations "Absurd"
Mon July 11, 2011
Goodyear Shutting Down
By Associated Press
Union City, TN – A United Steelworkers union spokesperson says that, as of last night, workers will not continue to make tires at Union City, Tennessee's Goodyear Tire and Rubber Plant. USW spokesman Dale Carroll says this stems from Goodyear filing a 60-day notice that the plant will close. Carrol says union members will be arriving at the plant, but only to pick-up tools and personal items. WPSD-TV reports earlier indications from the plant were that a shut-down would occur later this year rather than now.