Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Mon July 11, 2011
Goodyear Shutting Down
By Associated Press
Union City, TN – A United Steelworkers union spokesperson says that, as of last night, workers will not continue to make tires at Union City, Tennessee's Goodyear Tire and Rubber Plant. USW spokesman Dale Carroll says this stems from Goodyear filing a 60-day notice that the plant will close. Carrol says union members will be arriving at the plant, but only to pick-up tools and personal items. WPSD-TV reports earlier indications from the plant were that a shut-down would occur later this year rather than now.