Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
Roads & Highways
Wed November 28, 2012
Good Samaritan Dies from Road Accident Injuries
A western Kentucky man whose vehicle was hit by a tractor-trailer after he stopped to help another motorist has died of injuries he suffered in the collision.
Kentucky State Police say 47-year-old Scotty Gray of Cadiz died late Tuesday at Vanderbilt University Medical Center in Nashville, Tenn., where he was taken following the crash on Monday.
Police said Gray was injured when he stopped to help 20-year-old Nicholas Wiseman of Cadiz after Wiseman hit a deer on U.S. 68/80 just inside the Cadiz city limits. Police said Wednesday that Wiseman was in stable condition at Vanderbilt.
Police said 50-year-old Mohamed Mohamud of Creve Coeur, Mo., wasn't able to stop his tractor-trailer when he came up on the collision and hit Wiseman's pickup, pushing it into Gray's vehicle. Mohamud wasn't injured.