Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
- Murray Downtown Disasters: How the City’s Handling Collapsing, Burned Buildings
Wed June 27, 2012
Good Read: I Am Not The Same Girl: Renewed by Stacy Lattisaw Jackson
“I Am Not The Same Girl: Renewed” is the life story of Stacy Lattisaw. As a young Rhythm and Blues (R&B) singer, she completed a total of 12 albums and toured with Michael Jackson and the Jacksons. She traveled the world as a singer and shared the stage with artists such as Aretha Franklin, Natalie Cole, Teddy Pendergrass, Stephanie Mills, Johnny Gill, and a host of others. As she began to mature in age and mind, her desires began to change and she cried out to God and asked him to fill the void in her life. Soon after Stacy walked away from the secular music world and dedicated her life to the Lord. Today she is renewed and walking in the destiny that God has set for her life.
Brian Clardy says:
West Tennessee did not have the type of cosmopolitan glamor of its more urban counterparts, but young people were still able to stay current on the latest music by innovative artists. Whether it was Prince, the Rolling Stones, or the Charlie Daniels Band, area listeners bought records by artists that appealed to their imagination and sense of having good clean fun. One of those artists was Stacy Lattisaw.
Brian Clardy spoke over the phone with the author about her book.
Buy this book on Amazon
(Your purchase supports WKMS!)