Most Active Stories
- US 641 South Widening Receives Top Priority on Purchase Area Projects List
- UPDATE: Murray State's Provost Is Stepping Down to Be 'On Loan' to CPE
- Kentucky Primary Election Live Blog: James Comer to Seek a Recanvass
- James Comer’s Quest To ‘Pass A Bold Agenda’ Gets Bumpy
- How Could Kentucky Farmers Use Drones?
Fri January 15, 2010
Good news for Kentucky's endangered mussel
By Kristin Espeland Gourlay
Kentucky – About a year and a half ago, we brought you the story of Kentucky's endangered mussels, and the struggle to save them. Decades of pollution and habitat loss have put a large percentage of our watershed's freshwater mussels on the federal endangered species list. Now, Kentucky Public Radio's Kristin Espeland Gourlay has this update on one mussel, with a little good news.