Most Active Stories
- Battle of the Bands Finals @ MAC March 26 - Be in the LIVE Audience!
- Record-Breaking College Bass Fishing Tournament Held at Kentucky Lake
- School Districts Revise Calendars to Account for Snow Days
- Murray State Equine Science Professor Pairs Student Interests with Real-World Research
- Identifying the Warning Signs of Autism in Young Children
Fri October 23, 2009
Gonzales Speech Protesters
By Angela Hatton
Martin, TN – Former U.S. Attorney General Alberto Gonzales got a mixed reception during a speech at University of Tennessee Martin last night. Gonzales resigned in 2007 amid accusations that he authorized the torture of terrorism suspects. The Jackson Sun reports A group of about 35 students protested the speech, in which Gonzales stressed the importance of education and also defended the Bush administration's handling of the War on Terror.