Most Active Stories
- [Slideshow: Afternoon Photos Added] Early Morning Fire on Murray Court Square
- Murray Downtown Fire: Gutted Buildings Likely to be Razed
- Sixth-Grader's Science Project Catches Ecologists' Attention
- Hemp Oil Not a Source of CBD Which Could Be Used in Epilepsy Treatments
- DOE Awards Fluor $420M Contract for Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Plant Decommission and Decontamination
Mon May 13, 2013
Glass Door Manufacturing Company Brings 110 Jobs to Elkton
Glass Door Solutions LLC, a newly-formed company, plans to lease a facility, create 110 new, full-time jobs and invest more than $3.5 million in Elkton, Ky.
“The Commonwealth welcomes Glass Door Solutions, and we anticipate a bright future for this partnership, which is creating 110 new jobs and an investment of more than $3.5 million,” said Gov. Beshear. “This demonstrates the positive business climate in Elkton and Todd County, where a promising company is putting its confidence in the community and the workforce, which we know will provide a perfect fit for Glass Door Solutions.”
Glass Door Solutions will manufacture glass doors for display cases in grocery and convenience stores. The company plans to produce components consisting of glass doors, frame posts, LED lighting and shelves.
The Kentucky Economic Development Finance Authority preliminarily approved the company for tax incentives up to $1.95 million through the Kentucky Business Investment program. The performance-based incentive allows a company to keep a portion of its investment over the term of the agreement through corporate income tax credits and wage assessments by meeting job and investment targets.