Most Active Stories
- UPDATE: Both Lanes of I-24 Reopened, Oregon Man Charged with 'Use of Weapon of Mass Destruction'
- Calloway County High School Students Request a Gay-Straight Alliance
- UPDATE: Officials Release Identity of Murray Man Found Deceased in Home
- [Update: Verizon All Clear] Widespread AT&T, Verizon Outages Reported in Ky. and Tenn.
- Monroe Co. Judge-Executive Among Republicans Supporting Democrat Jack Conway
Wed January 18, 2012
Giannini to Run for 4th District Seat
By Drew Adams
Murray, KY – Former Pennyrile District Health Department director Raymond Giannini has decided to run for the 4th District Kentucky House seat. Giannini announced his candidacy yesterday. The seat is currently occupied by Mike Cherry, who has chosen not to run again in 2012. The 4th district encompasses Caldwell, Crittenden, and Livingston counties along with a portion of McCracken. The Paducah Sun reports the only other person who has announced a run for the seat is Marion resident Lynn Bechler.