Most Active Stories
- WKMS Battle of the Bands Semi-Finals. Listen, Vote!
- Eastern Oregon University President Bob Davies is One of Two Presidential Finalists
- MSU Board Names Two Presidents Today Including Bob Davies
- Northern State University President James Smith is Second MSU Presidential Finalist
- Davies,'Board Relationships Key to Presidency'
Mon December 3, 2012
Geveden Charged in Campaign Case
Kentucky's Executive Branch Ethics Commission has charged a former government official with violating the state's ethics code by allegedly using his position to solicit campaign contributions for Gov. Steve Beshear's re-election campaign last year.
The Ethics Commission took the action against former Deputy Justice Secretary Charles Geveden (JEV-uh-din) in a meeting Monday.
The Ethics Commission began investigating the case in September 2011.
A hearing date for the charges hasn’t yet been set.
Geveden could face fines of up to $5,000 for each of three counts and a public reprimand in the case that could take months to resolve.
Ethics Commission Executive John Steffen says his agency's investigation found nothing to suggest Beshear knew what Geveden was allegedly doing.