Most Active Stories
- Winter Weather: Skies Clear for Sunny Saturday, Be Careful on Roads
- Winter Storm Closings and Cancellations
- Christian County Officials To Develop Contingency Plan in Event of DoDEA Cuts
- Local Road and Power Resources For Winter Weather
- Global Laser Enrichment Could Bring New Laser-Based Technology to Paducah Gaseous Diffusion Site
Thu November 27, 2008
Gas Prices Give Retailers Hope
By Charlie Compton
Bowling Green, KY – Low gasoline prices give Kentucky retailers reason for hope. Just a couple months ago, Jan Gould of the Kentucky Retail Federation says, they worried high prices would cut into gift-giving budgets. Now, with prices well below two-dollars a gallon Gould hopes business will pick up.
We get a holiday sale survey in advance of the holiday sale season and one of the factors that our members cited as really having a significant impact on holiday sales would be the price of fuel, particularly gasoline.
Kentucky's retailers think they'll do a little better than the national average. Still, Gould says, Kentucky retailers will be satisfied if sales reach the same level as last Christmas.